What to Plant:
Vegetables & Fruits:
Cool Weather Crops, UNTIL MID MONTH such as Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collards, Onions, Potatoes and Turnips. SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH Beans, Cantaloupe, Corn, Cucumber, Pepper, Pumpkin, Squash, Tomato, Strawberry and Watermelon ....If you have other preferences- Ask us we'll let you know!!
Trees: All Citrus &Tropical Fruits
Ageratum, Alyssum, Angelonia, Begonias, Blue Daze, Cat Whiskers, Coleus, Cosmos, Crossandra, Diamond Frost, Garden Mums, Gazania Daisy, Gerbera Daisy, Gomphrena, Heliconias, Impatien, Lobelia, Geraniums, Marigolds, Melampodium, Nicotania, Ornamental Cabbage and Kale, Pentas, Torenia, Zinnia, Heather, Gingers, Pentas, Petunias, Snapdragons, Pansies, Porterweed, Salvia, Sunflower, Verbena, Viola, Vinca and more.
Anise, Arugula, Basil, Chives, Coriander, Dill, Oregano, Cilantro, Parsley, Fennel, Rosemary, Lavenders, Sweet Marjoram, Nasturtium, Sage, Savory, Thyme and other favorites.
All Shade Trees- Mahogany, Oaks, Maples and Magnolias. Also Royal Poinciana, Cassia, Palms, Hibiscus, Jatropha and any other you have your heart set on!
What to Do:
- Remove yellowing foliage and repot as needed
- Wash away dust and bugs
- Continue to fertilize with Busy Bee's Formula "B" and Jack's Classic
- VitaMix all for boost of vitality every 6 weeks
- Turn windowsill plants one-quarter weekly
- Fill empty spaces indoors with new plants
- Check for pest and treat appropriately (Systemic Insect Granules)
- Submerge root balls to flush out pests
- Keep Cold-Sensitive plants indoors
- Force refridgerated bulbs into bloom
- Move holiday plants to brighter locations
- Apply Ironite or Milorganite to Iron deficient plants
- Follow all planting instruction guidelines per Busy Bee recommendations! USE THE ROOT STIMULATOR!!!
- Roses-Trim and control black spot & mites FEED Monthly Check gardens for signs of insect invasions (Squish or Spray!)
- Feed Outdoor Container Gardens with Busy Bee Blast and Vita Mix
- Check Tree staking after storms(MUST be secure for proper rooting)
- Control Caterpillars-Using Thuricide or Sevin
- Use Systemic Drench ONE Application EVERY 6-9 Months to Control Insects- much simpler than spraying!!!
- Feed Water Lilies monthly
- Feed Orchids, Bromeliads and Hanging Basket Plants every 2 Weeks
- Feed and water growing or blooming cacti and succulents
- Turn Compost Piles every 2 weeks add fallen leaves and prunings
- Replenish Mulches
- Control scale and mites with oil sprays
- Prune deciduous fruit trees and vines
- Trim seed heads and weak stems from Crape Myrtles
- Prepare soil for Spring Plantings
- NOW is the time to Weed n' Feed our lawns to control weeds!
- Apply bait for Mole Crickets & Chinch Bugs
- Seed, plug or sod new lawns & fill in bare areas
- Treat Chinch Bugs & Sod Web Worms with proper insecticides!
- Spot apply Kilz-All to "hard to get rid of" weeds
- Apply Milorganite to stressed laws for quick greening
- Reduce watering in periods of heavy rains
- Irregular Shaped Dead Spots=Insects as the Problem
- Circular Shaped Dead Spots=Fungus as the Problem
- If necessary overseed with Ryegrass for a SUPER QUICK burst of green
- Water only 1-2 times per week in cooler temperatures
- Check lawn equipment & sharpen blades-get ready for SPRING!!
The Green House:
- Start seeds of cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, eggplant and peppers for Spring
- Start seeds for Spring flowers
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with Jack's Classic and apply Vitamix
- Repot root bound foliage plants
- Check for signs of FUNGUS and spray accordingly
- Transplant winter seedlings
- Control mites, mealybugs and aphids on ornamentals
- Clean pots, flats and benches for planting-DISINFECT/Sterilize to prevent future problems!
Vegetables and Fruits:
- Feed vegetables with Jack's 20-20-20 and Garden Tone MONTHLY
- Use VitaMix to boost vitality
- Harvest and ENJOY your maturing BOUNTIFUL harvests!!
- Citrus- treat Leaf Miner, Scale and Mites (Check often for signs of damage!) Water trees during drought to prevent cracking fruit
- Trellis or stake tall plants and climbing vines
- Monitor and control pests and fungus consult a Busy Bee Associate for appropriate treatment plan.
- Plant strawberry beds- PLANTS ARE HERE!!!!!!
- Turn compost piles every two weeks
- Control Caterpillars with SEVIN OR THURICIDE
- Feed Container Gardens Weekly with Jack's 20-20-20
- Build raised garden beds for plantings in wet areas and to combat Nematode problem areas-
- Look OUT!- The rats are moving in! Apply some rat block to discourage a growing population! They enjoy feeding on those tasty treats your growing!
- Prepare your Spring Planting Sites
- Till and enrich sandy soils with organic matter
- Feed all fruit-producing trees, shrubs and vines check with our Associates to see what is the best treatment plan