What to Plant:
Vegetables & Fruits:
Okra, Cucumber, Peppers, Tomato, Eggplant, Pumpkin, Southern Peas, Squash, Sweet Potato, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Radish. Any and all Citrus and Tropical Fruit, Black berries, Raspberries, Blueberries Grapes and Bananas-Ask us we'll let you know!!
Blue Daze, Cat Whiskers, Celosia, Coleus, Coreopsis, Crossandra, Diamond Frost, Blue Wonder, Dianthus, Ice Plants, Gingers, Marigold, Penta, Porterweed, Purslane, Salvia, Sunflower, Vinca and more.
Basil, Chives, Dill, Oregano, Cilantro, Rosemary, Lavenders, Sweet Marjoram, Sage, Savory Thyme and other favorites.
Royal Poinciana, Cassia, Palms, Tibouchina, Shade Trees and any other you have your heart set on!
What to Do:
- Remove yellowing foliage and re pot as needed
- Wash away dust and bugs
- Trim overgrown stems
- Transplant root-bound to larger containers or root prune
- Continue to fertilize with Busy Bee Blast and Jack's Classic
- VitaMix all for boost of vitality
- Turn windowsill plants one-quarter weekly
- Move light starved plants outside into a shady place in your yard
- Check for pest and treat appropriately (Systemic Insect Granules)
- Remove weak/diseased & damaged limbs and foliage
- Complete pruning of overgrown plants treat with Pruning Sealer
- Replace any plants not recovered from the cold damage
- Trim seed heads from spring flowering perennial flower beds
- Remove 4-6" of new growth from Poinsettias
- Follow all planting instruction guidelines per Busy Bee recommendations!
- Prune & fertilize azaleas & control insect problems
- Roses-Trim and control black spot & mites
- Check gardens for signs of insect invasions
- Feed Outdoor Container Gardens with Busy Bee's Formula "B" and Busy Bee's VitaMix
- Reshape Formal Hedges
- Check Tree staking after storms(MUST be secure for proper rooting)
- Fertilize with 16-0-8
- Apply bait for Mole Crickets
- Seed, plug or sod new lawns & fill in bare areas
- Treat Chinch Bugs & Sod Web Worms if needed
- Spot apply Kilz-All on "hard to get rid of" weeds
- Apply Milorganite to stressed laws for quick greening
The Green House:
- Cover with shade cloth to protect from the sun
- Root Poinsettia and Chrysanthemum cuttings
- Divide Orchids & Bromeliads
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with Jack's Classic 20-20-20 and apply Busy Bee's VitaMix
- Clean and sterilize benches and tools
Vegetables and Fruits:
- Feed vegetables with Jack's Classic 20-20-20 and Garden Tone
- Use Busy Bee's VitaMix to boost vitality
- Harvest & Replant for second crops
- OR COVER Garden Bed with black plastic for 8 weeks to sterilize the soil and kill Nematodes
- Citrus- treat Leaf Miner, Scale and Mites (Check often for signs of damage!
- Monitor and control pests and fungus consult a Busy Bee Associate for appropriate treatment plan.
- Cut back Berry bushes and fertilize
- Prune Fruit Trees lightly to promote and direct trunk growth
- Turn compost piles every two weeks
- Feed Bananas & Papayas monthly with Citrus Tone, Black Kow and apply Busy Bee's VitaMix.