What to Plant:
Vegetables & Fruits:
Early in the Month: plant Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Lima Beans, Southern Pea, Peppers, Rhubarb, Snap Beans, Squash, Okra, Tomatoes.
End of the Month: Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collards, Endive, Lettuce, Mustards, Onion, Radish, Strawberry and Turnips....
If you have other preferences- Ask us we'll let you know!!
Trees: All Citrus &Tropical Fruits
Ageratum, Alyssum, Angelonia, Begonias, Blue Daze, Cat Whiskers, Coleus, Cosmos, Crossandra, Diamond Frost, Garden Mums, Gazania Daisy, Gerbera Daisy, Gomphrena, Heliconias, Impatien, Marigolds, Melampodium, Nicotania, Pentas, Torenia, Zinnia, Heather, Gingers, Porterweed, Purslane, Salvia, Sunflower, Verbena, Vinca and more.
Anise, Basil, Borage, Chives, Coriander, Dill, Oregano, Cilantro, Parsley, Fennel, Rosemary, Lavenders, Sweet Marjoram, Sage, Savory, Thyme and other favorites.
All Shade Trees-Mahogany, Oaks, Maples and Magnolias. Also Royal Poinciana, Cassia, Palms, Hibiscus, Jatropha and any other you have your heart set on!
What to Do:
- Remove yellowing foliage and repot as needed
- Wash away dust and bugs
- Trim overgrown stems
- Transplant root-bound to larger containers or root prune
- Continue to fertilize with Busy Bee's Formula "B" and Jack's Classic
- VitaMix all for boost of vitality
- Turn windowsill plants one-quarter weekly
- Fill empty spaces indoors with new plants
- Check for pest and treat appropriately (Systemic Insect Granules)
- Remove weak/diseased & damaged limbs and foliage
- Complete pruning of overgrown plants treat with Pruning Sealer
- Readjust stakings on trunks of trees
- Continue tree and shrub plantings
- Prune seed heads from Crape Myrtles
- Follow all planting instruction guidelines per Busy Bee recommendations!
- Roses-Trim and control black spot & mites FEED Monthly!
- Check gardens for signs of insect invasions (Squish or Spray!)
- Feed Outdoor Container Gardens with Busy Bee Blast and Vita Mix
- Reshape Formal Hedges
- Check Tree staking after storms (MUST be secure for proper rooting)
- Control Caterpillars-Using Thuricide or Sevin
- Use Systemic Drench ONE Application EVERY 6-9 Months to Control Insects- much simpler than spraying!!!
- Feed Water Lilies monthly
- Feed Orchids, Bromeliads and Hanging Basket Plants every 2 Weeks
- Till flower beds and replace annuals the end of the month
- Prune Poinsettias(Last time so they'll bloom for Christmas)
- Turn Compost Piles every 2 weeks
- Fertilize with 16-0-8
- Apply bait for Mole Crickets
- Seed, plug or sod new lawns & fill in bare areas
- Treat Chinch Bugs & Sod Web Worms if needed
- Spot apply Kilz-All to "hard to get rid of" weeds
- Apply Milorganite to stressed laws for quick greening
- Reduce watering in periods of heavy rains
- Irregular Shaped Dead Spots=Insects
- Circular Shaped Dead Spots=Fungus
The Green House:
- Transplant Root cuttings to containers
- Start seeds for cool season flowers and vegetables
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with Jack's Classic and apply VitaMix
- Clean and sterilize benches and tools
- Repot root bound foliage plants
Vegetables and Fruits:
- Feed vegetables with Jack's Classic 20-20-20 and Garden Tone
- Use VitaMix to boost vitality
- Plant your Fall Garden
- Citrus- treat Leaf Miner, Scale and Mites (Check often for signs of damage!) Water trees during drought to prevent cracking fruit
- Trellis or stake tall plants and climbing vines
- Monitor and control pests and fungus consult a Busy Bee Associate for appropriate treatment plan.
- Prepare strawberry beds
- Prune Fruit Trees lightly to promote and direct trunk growth
- Turn compost piles every two weeks
- Feed Bananas & Papayas monthly with Citrus Tone, Black Kow and apply VitaMix.