What to Plant:
Vegetables & Fruits:
Beans, Celery, Collards, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Onion, Peppers, Squash, Okra, Pumpkins - Ask us we'll let you know!!
Trees: All Citrus &Tropical Fruits
Blue Daze, Cat Whiskers, Coleus, Crossandra, Diamond Frost, Caladium, Heliconias, Torenia, Zinnia, Heather, Gingers, Marigold, Penta, Porterweed, Purslane, Salvia, Sunflower, Vinca and more.
Basil, Chives, Dill, Oregano, Cilantro, Rosemary, Lavenders, Sweet Marjoram, Sage, Savory Thyme and other favorites. (Difficult this time of the year)
All Shade Trees: Mahogany, Oaks, Maples and Magnolias. Also Royal Poinciana, Cassia, Palms, Hibiscus, Jatropha and any other you have your heart set on!
What to Do:
- Remove yellowing foliage and repot as needed
- Wash away dust and bugs
- Trim overgrown stems
- Transplant root-bound to larger containers or root prune
- Continue to fertilize with Busy Bee's Formula "B", Jack's Classic 20-20-20 and VitaMix all for boost of vitality
- Turn windowsill plants one-quarter weekly
- Fill empty spaces indoors with new plants
- Check for pest and treat appropriately (Systemic Insect Granules)
- Remove weak/diseased & damaged limbs and foliage
- Complete pruning of overgrown plants treat with Pruning Sealer
- Readjust stakings on trunks of trees
- Continue tree and shrub plantings
- Prune seed heads from Crape Myrtles
- Follow all planting instruction guidelines per Busy Bee recommendations!
- Prune & fertilize azaleas & control insect problems (Lace Bugs & Caterpillars)
- Roses-Trim and control black spot & mites FEED Monthly!
- Check gardens for signs of insect invasions(Squish or Spray!)
- Feed Outdoor Container Gardens with Busy Bee's Formula "B" and VitaMix
- Reshape Formal Hedges
- Check Tree staking after storms(MUST be secure for proper rooting)
- Renew Mulches
- Feed Water Lilies monthly
- Prune Hydrangeas after blooming
- Transplant Palms
- Fertilize with 16-0-8
- Apply bait for Mole Crickets
- Seed, plug or sod new lawns & fill in bare areas
- Treat Chinch Bugs & Sod Web Worms if needed
- Spot apply Kilz-All to "hard to get rid of" weeds
- Apply Milorganite to stressed laws for quick greening
- Reduce watering in periods of heavy rains
- Irregular Shaped Dead Spots=Insects
- Circular Shaped Dead Spots=Fungus
The Green House:
- Transplant Root cuttings to containers
- Divide Orchids & Bromeliads
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with Jack's Classic 20-20-20 and apply Busy Bee's VitaMix
- Clean and sterilize benches and tools
- Choose seeds for Fall Flowers & Vegetables (Late August Sow)
Vegetables and Fruits:
- Feed vegetables with Jacks 20-20-20 and Garden Tone
- Use VitaMix to boost vitality
- Harvest & Replant for second crops (If you and your veggies can take the heat!!)
- COVER Garden Bed with black plastic for 8 weeks to sterilize the soil and kill Nematodes (if not completed in July)
- Citrus- treat Leaf Miner, Scale and Mites (Check often for signs of damage!
- Monitor and control pests and fungus consult a Busy Bee Associate for appropriate treatment plan.
- Complete Grape Feedings
- Prune Fruit Trees lightly to promote and direct trunk growth
- Turn compost piles every two weeks
- Feed Bananas & Papayas monthly with Citrus Tone, Black Kow and apply Busy Bee's VitaMix.